Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dancing in the Rain

It is a welcome site when after a hot and dry summer season rain comes to bless us with freshness, much needed relief from heat and brings in lots of greenery. Clear weather, rainbow, birds chirping, peacocks dancing, intoxicating zephyr with essence of earth and flowers, are just few of the things that is attributed to the rain. When I was in north India, (place with extreme whether) rain used to be a welcome relief. While in college there was a time when couple of my friends and me had to just get drenched in rain, no matter what. It was a sort of ritual. Then there was football. A game which when played in rain and mud increases the fun in exponential order.
Rain has been a natural force that always helped human. Euphoric kids playing, sexy gales, (heroines in the movies) forget all and drown in the moment and enjoying to the most (and that's when the hero sees her and falls in love.) it also kind of helps the sad people who can hide there tears in the rain. All and all a magical trick played by nature! A conjuring trick! Water falling from the sky. Magic that touches the flora and fauna and mostly brings them back to life.
But every good has its own bad. Ask yourself 1st that how many times you have washed your clothes, put them out side in the sun to dry and in matter of minutes rain comes pouring in. Or you had your bike serviced and then by the time you reach home, thanks to the bad roads and rain your bike is covered with mud. You think of attending some wedding at a farm house in your best sari or suit just to find that it’s ruined because of rain.
I am living in a city where it rains, rains every time you wash cloths, bike or the temperature goes above 25 degree centigrade. Some say this is the merry time climate, some say it is close to heaven, some call it the air-conditioned city and most know of it as Bangalore or Bengalooru. Initially when I came here I was bemused when I read one day in the news paper (yes I do read them some times) that “Monsoon to hit Bangalore in 2 days”. I kept laughing because Since January I witnessed rain almost every other day. There is one more thing that I hate is getting drenched in rain (when I don’t want to) and that too while driving me bike. When you are driving fast in rain the water has a tendency of slowly getting to you. Drop by drop it will wet you and that is really irritating.
But what I have started to hate the most about rain is that, whenever it rains I miss my gal even more. And it rains almost everyday here…….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog