Thursday, June 19, 2008

When your kid smokes

IT Company! This brings a picture of people coding or testing away at a feverish pace, groups brain storming on bugs, team meetings, discussion on tomorrows technology and apart from all that and more it is know for people smoking away and making the friendly cigarette wala rich.
Pick up any company and you will see a cigarette wala outside the on a cycle catering to the nicotine needs of the junta (People). Before you know it he starts coming in a luna then opens up a shop nearby and keeps growing his empire.

Today just like a usual day we all went down to the shop and there we met a guy from our team who was not smoking. He is a non smoker. So we asked him what happened. His story was the usual too. Dad caught him smoking, thrashed him and he left the dam thing. That’s when another guy looks at his cigarette and said “Wish my dad had slapped me, he didn’t and the effect of the scolding was not as long lasting as his (the guy who didn’t smoke).” That’s when it struck me and I asked this question.

What will you do when you catch your kid smoking?
After this I kept asking this question to many and got various results.
Think about it and let me know what you think of it. You can post it as comment or take part in the poll coming up shortly.
I am still confused as to what I will do. But being to the place where I am one of the smokers I seriously don’t what my kids to take it up….

7 comments:

  1. This question will end up transforming Technocrats into Hypocrite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well abhinav...Even we ladies do work at the same place and same work pressure ..same meetings.. and same discussions...Can u tell me how many of us u have seen somking......????..So Why always guys have this excuse of smoking.. Well cming to kids....I feel....If I share comfort zone wid my kid..I will cme to know very soon once he will start somking......So Rather then shouting or scolding him/her We can make our kids to understand Dnt make yr self week by giving all these excuses..it's all there in mind.....Try as muma says ..If this didnt work out then I permit you to go ahead and smoke...but try sincerely..."As miss lucci says..Adatein time par na badali jaaye tho jaruratein ban jaathi hein....aur ye adat galath hein..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather think (Yes... It's something I always do... think!! :P ) that what makes the kid smoke??

    Get to the root of the problem and find a solution for it and then eliminate it using the solution for once and for all (and it can be done by the so called peaceful and non violent methods also (: ).

    Also, one thing that I have in mind... If any smoker has the guts to tell his or her parents that he or she smokes, then he or she has the guts to not smoke like many non smokers... :)

    P.S. Brother, I asked your mom what she would do and she simply said that she'll go the flea market, buy a gun and some bullets, and then shoot her kid... So you can be happy that you won't smoke :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now a day No one stops girls from smoking and if you are aware of call center culture U can find more girls smoking than guys there. So dont excuse Boy's for making (so called) excuses.
    Aur Aadat ke bare me mera to yahi khayal hai Jo buri hoti hain wahi Adatein hoti hain aur agar insaan me koi burai na ho to bhagwaan ko koon yaad karega.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe when one indulges in such habits (smoking), they continue uninterrupted until one day u see ur kid picking up that habit. In case u r the model for smoking to ur child, u wud definitely prefer abandoning it bec the cost is too high!
    On the other hand, if this is not the case. Then its important to find out the 'why' and then explaining both the sides to the child.... and children do think if we allow them to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.force the child to smoke continously till he/she is sick so that he/she never wants to try it again
    2.take the child to a lung cancer hospital and show the suffering that come from smoking,also show some burnt lungs

    ReplyDelete
  7. pade pade he palang par kare caay ka Dyaana...
    Havan kare Cigrette ka hoye Aatm klyaana....
    Hoye Aatm kalyaan mukti ka maarg vachaare....
    Thoos muh me paan peek Aangan me maare.....
    kah 'kaka' kaviray nahi Aadat par kabau...
    Sat Sat tumhe pranam Dhanya kalayuga ke baabu..
    --Kaka Hathrasi

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog