Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lepakshi





“Tomorrow is a holiday! What are we going to do?” asked my wife
“Lets drive somewhere.”
“Ya right…  but I won’t go to Nandi Hills”
“Well what about Lepakshi!”
“Who is she” she asked with a grin, and then after a while she said “Ok! Lets go”
Next day we started early at around 7 am after picking up a friend of mine PS. Within 1/2 an hr we had crossed the Hebbal and where cruising on NH7 towards the Airport. As usual the cabs and trucks were all speeding in the same direction and I was amazed at the volume of traffic I was facing in the morning.


On crossing the Airport the road suddenly became empty to some extent and once we had crossed the turn towards Nandi Hills the road was virtually empty. We took the bypass at Chikballapur. At about 9 Am we stopped at Kamat Hotel for breakfast and then pushed on till we reached the Karnataka – AP border. Soon after crossing border there is a place called Begapalli. Take a left turn to SH5, and head towards our destination but we missed it and went up to place called Somandepalle. By this time I was suspicious that we have missed the turn and asked an uncle on bike how to reach Lepakshi. He informed me about my mistake and asked me to take the road to Hindupur and then take a left to Lepakshi. I decided otherwise. Took a U-Turn and headed back to Begapalli, found the turn and then headed to Lepakshi.
 

We were greeted by a Huge Nandi bull carved out of one granite stone.
Then we headed to the Veerabhadra temple. The temple has mesmerizing effect on people. I had many questions in mind I am still looking for answers.
Who made this temple?
How was it made?
Why are most of the statues broken? And many more!
One pleasant surprise that came our way was that we can photograph inside the temple. This is a very rare thing in temples here. The place is full of such opportunities.

While returning back we had lunch at Kamat. We were at the turn of Nandi hills by 4:00PM and decided to go there. The place was unfortunately too crowded. It seems the whole Bangalore was there. But still we were able to get some nice pictures. The Photograph – Blue and White was taken there only.  Along with the last photograph I have uploaded in this post.

We were back by 7 PM in city. To sum it up a great trip and amazing drive.

P.S. Do let me know how the pics are and your comments on it.
I am also working on how to put multiple photograph in a sort of slide show. If you guys have any idea please let me know. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes... the pics seemed to come right out of a documentary. :)

    Well ...
    The trip sounds interesting. I wonder when will the day come when I can go on long drives without thinking about other stuff before hand???

    ReplyDelete
  2. These architectures lend so much for an amazing photographic expedition. So what next:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys...
    Se : well soon you will have the freedom and money to do such things... till then you are always welcome to have to my place and enjoy... :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog